Tuesday, May 25, 2010

absence

Sorry for my absence.  Sadly I don't have anything wonderful to post.  My dog Ginny, a 1 year old Yorkshire terrier, has been sick since Saturday.  She stopped eating and had a fever.  My DH and I got to spend a wonderful 4 hours at ACESS, the emergency vet.  I just have to say, I am extremely grateful that these people exist.  Much like kids, dogs don't always get sick during weekday business hours.  Basically, they aren't sure what is wrong with her.  She wasn't eating, was dehydrated and had a fever.  They gave her fluids under her skin, an anti-nausea shot, and antibiotics and we brought her home.  Since then, the eating has improved, though we've had to feed her plain cooked chicken, hamburger, Greek yogurt.  The vet still doesn't totally know what's wrong, the blood work wasn't terribly conclusive.  So tomorrow I get to take her back in for an ultrasound.  So we'll see....

And thus, no time or inclination to stamp.  Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment