Monday, May 3, 2010

More To Do

I just looked at my calendar and realized that I have a LOT of cards to make for May and June!  I counted 11 birthdays, 2 anniversaries, 1 wedding, 6 Mother's Days, and 4 Father's Day cards!  INSANE!  So far I've got 2 Mother's Day cards and 8 birthday cards.  I better get busy.  This cut on my index finger is so not helping either.
Here's my most recent.  I am really happy with it.  Though I wish I had a happy bird day type stamp.  I had to improvise with a combination of 2 different ones.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Trees 2 clear set, tall grass, santa bird, tiny hat, Hippo Birdie to You, and Memory Box's Happy St. Patrick's day (only used the happy)
Paper: A Muse orange gingham, blue card
Other: A Muse pearl sticker, copics, VersaMagic Key Lime, and A Muse black dye ink, Slice w/Noteworthy Design card for scalloped square and scalloped square frame

In other news, the City of Seattle, where I live, is facing huge budget shortfalls this year and next. The Parks department on it's own is looking at trying to make up something like 10-11 million!  It's not too surprising these days.  I work at a Parks' community center teaching preschool and running the K-1st grade afterschool class.  There's a lot of worry that our center, and many many others, might close.  Tonight I'll be at a public meeting where hopefully we'll be able to show and see support from the community for what we do. (Though it does mean less stamping, but I think it's worth it)

No comments:

Post a Comment