Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Non-Stamping Part of Life

Is continuing.  Along with still being pregnant.  I'm at about 36.5 weeks.  I now "get" to go the doctor every week.  And, as if food poisoning wasn't enough, I appear to have aggravated my sciatic nerve, so even little things like bending, walking, lifting are ridiculously hard now.  Awesome.  I'm doing my best to help it back to normal (i.e. adjust posture, hot showers/baths, Tylenol, hot packs, ice packs, special exercises, changing positions often, sleeping with more pillows than I knew possible...)  It's a good thing I got most of my Valentine's cards done before this.  Now I'm just working on planning and preparing birth announcements.  I'm hoping to have them mostly ready and just need to "fill in the blanks" for name, weight, and so on.  I have an idea for it floating around in my head, we'll see how it turns out.

And something else to share, the recipe for these delicious treats I made recently.  Almond Bars!  YUM!
Recipe
Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar (for topping)
1 cup sliced almonds (for topping)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2.  Beat eggs well with sugar, salt, and almond extract until think
3. Add melted butter and stir lightly
4. Add flour, mix well
5. Spread mixture into greased 9x13 pan
6. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter in pan
7. Bake 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean in the middle
8. Cool in pan, cut into bars.


Makes 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment