Sunday, March 6, 2011

And...

I'm still pregnant.  My due date was yesterday, which came and went.  I'm really not surprised.  First babies are often late.  So, to pass the time I've been "working for stamps" at A Muse!  They announced a HUGE change to all their product lines this week and to their business model.  They are now A Muse | Studio and operating as a direct sale home party company, think Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Silpada, Stampin' Up and so on.  For those of us in Seattle, it won't be too different.  Their retail store will still be open, carrying their products, having classes and everything.  But, they aren't selling their stamps wholesale to other stamp stores in the US and Canada.  I feel spoiled that for me it's not any different.  But, I totally understand the change.  Local stamp (and scrapbooking) stores are closing ALL over the place.  A Muse is smart and savvy to change instead of going under!
So, anyways, how did I end up "working" there?  Well, I was at a class there on Friday and chatting with the owner Linda and I mentioned having nothing to do right now but wait, and she sorta asked if I would want to pack boxes for them and that they'd pay me in stamps.  Well, of course I'd want to!!!!!  I really don't have anything to do but wait for labor to start.  Thus, I spent a good chunk of time on Friday and Saturday helping them pack order forms, paper, and check for some defective products.  It was fun and all the people who work there are so nice to be around.  As long as I don't do into labor tonight, I'll be back there in the morning. In the meantime, here's a St. Patrick's Day card:
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse luck and good fortune, pot of gold, long grass and Memory Box Shamrock combo and happy st. patrick's day (inside)
Paper: A Muse white and moss cardstock, A Muse irish green asterix reverse notecard
Inks: Brilliance pearlscent lime and thyme, A Muse black dye, VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: Making Memories Slice Elite and Wedding MS+ design card, Stickles golden rod glitter glue, Spica gold glitter pen, Martha Stewart Crafts rotary cutter, pinking blade and baker's twine, foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment