Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 6 of 6

This is the card I made for my mom this year.  She's a wee bit in love obsessed with Paris, so the stamps from A Muse's ooh la la! set were perfect for a card for her!  This was my first Mother's Day as a mother.  I have to say, it just feels weird that Mother's Day applies to me.  I had a very lovely first one though.  My husband and dad made a delicious breakfast for my mom and I, which included blueberry teacake, chicken sausage, scrambled eggs and expensive French champagne!  It was fabulous!!  We managed to make it to mass for the first time.  Kieran was very well behaved (read: slept through mass in the Baby Bjorn) and we got to talk with Fr. Cleaveland afterwards about arranging his baptism.  Later on in the day, I got to do a little shopping with my mom and then Nathan and I took Kieran on a walk in his stroller!  Last but not least, Nathan made me Coq au vin for dinner.  YUM!  I guess today ended up being a French sort of Mother's Day.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse ooh la la! set and happy mother's day (inside)
Paper: A Muse blush, sugar, slate, red petite gingham, and cherry cardstock
Inks: A Muse black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: foam mounting tape, A Muse slate grosgrain stitch ribbon, EK Success dotted scallop edge punch, Copic markers, Spica glitter pens, Memory Box pink jewel stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment