Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bee-lated

I made this card for my friend Nick whose birthday was earlier this month. I hadn't quite hit my stamping stride in time for his birthday, so he got a belated one. I really like this card. The bee, hive, honeycomb background and accompanying sentiments are one of my favorite group of stamps that I own. I usually don't do cards with a white background, mostly because they are scary to make, white is unforgiving of mistakes. But it just looked so good to have it be a white card here. I also stamped the clouds in sky ink and then outlined the inside of them with a copic marker to give them some depth. For the head of the bees I used onyx pearl stickers and the dotted lines I did by hand with a copic multiliner pen.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse bee-lated birthday, hive, tiny bee, and clouds and Impress Rubber Stamps honeycomb background
Paper: A Muse sugar and buttercup cardstock
Inks: A Muse buttercup, sky, and black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: EK Sucess 3" circle punch, A Muse vanilla twine, foam mounting tape, copic markers, Stickles diamond glitter glue, copic multiliner, A Muse onyx pearl sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment