Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Yuletide Design No. 3

This card was inspired by a Christmas decoration I had, well still have, it's put away in a box somewhere for Kieran in a few years, when I was kid. Before I had it, It was my Dad's. It's a pretty simple snow globe with just Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in it. It has a bright red base. But it just feels amazing. It's really heavy, made with thick glass not plastic and has lots of really fine grained snow in it. I tried to recreate it on this card. Also, another first for me. This time, the first I've used clear cardstock. I had to get special ink to stamp on it, but the snow on it turned out nicely! The inside says "Have a Cracking Christmas".
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Rudy, snow day background, and let it snow, Elzybells cracking Christmas
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, StazOn opaque cotton white, and VersaFine vintage sepia
Paper: A Muse cherry, winter sky, latte Juliette, sugar, and crystal clear cardstock
Misc.: Sizzix BigShot, A Muse snow globe die set, transparent ultrafine crystal art glitter, Sakura quickie glue pen, foam mounting tape, Martha Stewart Crafts red baker's twine, Stickles red glitter glue, Copic markers

No comments:

Post a Comment