Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patrick's Day No. 4

Well, we are all back home from our birthday/let husband study trip to Yakima!  Kieran passed out quite nicely at nap time once we were home and was pretty thrilled to see his Daddy when he woke up.

Here's my next St. Patrick's Day card for this year.  I have to say, that lately I've had a hard time coming up with ideas to get started with cards.  A while ago I read, on one of the many stamping blogs out there that I follow, that when that particular author felt a creativity block, she would just find a card she really liked and was drawn to and make her own version of it, just to get the act of making something going and then after a few of those, more original ideas would usually start popping into her head.  I have to say, I think that's brilliant.  With a very active 3 year old, sometimes I just don't have the bandwidth to think of something original.  But, I still want to enjoy the act of stamping and card making, so it's perfect!  This card was inspired from this one that I found on Pinterest.  I loved the idea of making a banner out of vellum.  I made sure to gold emboss mine so it would stand out over the busy print behind it.  Attaching a three dimensional banner was tricky.  I couldn't use mounting tape since that would show through.  So, I used a clear glue on the ends and put something heavy on them while it dried so it wouldn't ripple.  Worked very well.  And, I think the gold twine to the left of the shamrock, but not all the way to the fold, really pulls it all together.  I believe the inside of this one says "Slainte".
Supplies
Stamps: Denami Designs Happy St. Patrick's Day and Celtic Highlander Stamps A310 (Slainte on inside)
Ink: VersaMark and A Muse grass (inside)
Paper: A Muse vanilla and grass petite gingham and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Misc.: Fiskars Fuse, Lifestyle Crafts clover die set and banner die, May Arts gold twine, A Muse crystal clear lacquer, Making Memories mini gold circle brads, Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment