Monday, October 13, 2014

Halloween Card No. 10

I've had this costume shop stamp for quite a while and have always been meaning to use it.  This year, I finally got to it!  Paired with the line of trick or treaters, it's pretty darn adorable!  I made the black "picture frame" for it with two rectangular nesting dies, one inside the other.  Once again, I used Copic markers and Spica glitter pens.  And once again, the Spica glitter was *really* hard to capture with the camera.  I did my best though.  Also, looking at the picture of this card, I just realized I forgot to color the tail on one of the kids dressed as a devil!  Oops!!  Better fix that before I mail it!  Once it was all assembled, it felt like it was missing something.  So, I stamped the tiny trick or treat in the corner below the costume shop.  However, that didn't look right either.  Then I tried stamping it on the orange gingham, and that really made it pop!  The inside says, "happy halloween".
 (close up of the kids w/glitter and shop window w/pale blue to outline the window)

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse costume shop and You've Been Booed set, Memory Box tiny trick or treat, and Savvy Stamps curved H. Halloween
Ink: A Muse black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Paper: A Muse orange petite dot, orange petite gingham, sugar, onyx and blackberry shimmer couture cardstock
Misc.: Fiskars Fuse, Spellbinders rectangle nestabilities die sets, Spica glitter pens, Copic markers, foam mounting tape, Martha Stewart Crafts Holiday drippy goo edge punch, EK Success 5/8" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment