Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Valentine's Card No. 2

This heart swirl tree was one of the first Valentine's day stamps I got.  I still love it!  This time, I used watercolors on it.  I made sure to stamp it with archival ink that wouldn't bleed.  I used the same red, just with different levels of water to change the shade.  Over the branches and swirls I used a metallic gold transparent watercolor for a nice shimmer.  The inside says "Happy Valentine's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: Memory Box Lovey dove tree, A Muse love conquers all set, and Savvy Stamps Happy Valentine's Day (inside)
Ink: VersaFine vintage sepia and Ranger sepia Archival Ink
Paper: A Muse vanilla, latte woodgrain, grapefruit, and cocoa yardstick and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: foam mounting tape, Lifestyle Crafts banner die, A Muse sweetheart sequins mix, Nicholson's peerless watercolors and transparent gold metallic, blossom Waste Not Ribbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment