Thursday, January 21, 2016

Valentine's Card No. 4

Now for a card that's a little more kid oriented.  Though to be honest, I love space stuff too (I could literally go watch Star Trek at any moment.)  For this, I stamped the star background first.  Then I stamped the rocket ship and ringed planet in just the right spot using my stamp positioner.  (Another word that autocorrect doesn't like).   The flame from the rocket engine is a separate image, so the positioner was VERY helpful to get things lined up just so.  I wanted to make sure the flame actually looks connected to the rocket.  I also stamped them onto a piece of plain white cardstock.  These are the ones that I colored with Copic markers.  Then, I cut these out carefully with detail scissors and adhered them directly over their counterparts on the pinstripe paper.  This lets you have a colored image on patterned paper without the image having the pattern as well.  Stamping it on both types of paper makes sure you don't loose any of the black outline of the image when you cut it out.  Where the flame is, I used a glue pen to add some pink glitter.  And lastly, added the sentiment and some more layers with mounting tape.  The inside says, "happy valentine's day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse starry night background, greetings earthling set, and love is in the air set (inside)
Ink: A Muse seattle and black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Paper: A Muse bubblegum petite gingham, apple, seattle petite pinstripe, and sugar cardstock
Misc.: A Muse bubblegum glitter, Sakura Quickie glue pen, A Muse heart twinkle stickers, foam mounting tape, stamp positioner, detail scissors, Copic markers

2 comments: