Sunday, January 31, 2016

Valentine's Card No. 9

This card sat on my craft table in various stages of creation for about 4 days.  I just kept getting interrupted!  I enjoyed the result though once I finally did get around to completing it.  First, I embossed the tree stamp with a satin pearl embossing powder.  Then, I stamped the tree on some ivory cardstock in a brown dye ink.  The dye inks work best I think for coloring with Copics, the ink doesn't bleed.  Next, I stamped the two squirrels in the heart opening of the tree.  I colored the squirrels and leaves, doing my best to add a little shading and blending to the squirrels.  I also colored a freehand pink ground for them to stand on within the heart as well.  Then I used detail scissors to cut out the heart and leaves and adhered them over the embossed tree.  I added the little die cut heart for the two squirrels to hold and gave it a little sparkle in the middle with a glitter pen.  For the little sentiment banner, I stamped the words and then also little acorns on each side.  I also stamped the acorns on ivory cardstock, cut them out, and adhered them to the banner over the acorns there.  I experimented with putting chocolate pearl stickers on the acorns to give them a texture, but it was just too much and seemed to look better plain.  I added some ribbon and a couple layers behind tree layer.  The inside says, "Happy Valentine's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse squirrels, Nuts about you, You + Me set, and Friends Fur-Ever set and Savvy Stamps Happy Valentine's Day (inside)
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, VersaMark, and A Muse cocoa
Paper: A Muse vanilla, blush, and cocoa cardstock
Misc.: A Muse 7/8" vanilla twill ribbon, foam mounting tape, Lifestyle Crafts banner die, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, detail scissors, Copic markers, A Muse satin pearl embossing powder and A Muse with love die set

No comments:

Post a Comment