Friday, February 19, 2016

St. Patrick's Day No. 4

This card took me several tries before I found just the right color combination for the cottage scene.  I think it was actually the first card I did after getting a set of Nicholson's Peerless transparent watercolors.  I had used them during a stamp class and they are just so cool.  Instead of a tube of paint, or a dry dish of paint, they are completely dry pieces of pigmented paper that only activate with a brush and water!  They've been made since 1885.  I liked how easy and mess free they were to use.  Other than that, the scene really is the whole card, just a layer, card base, little border stamp and some twine.  The inside says "Happy St. Patrick's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Irish Blessings and Celtic Heritage sets
Ink: Ranger Archival jet black and A Muse fern
Paper: A Muse fern and lichen cardstock and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: Nicholson's Peerless transparent watercolors, Niji water brushes, A Muse toffee twine, We R Memory Keepers 1/8"/3/8" corner chomper, foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment