Sunday, February 7, 2016

Valentine's Card No. 13

I love making things sparkle.  I love it even more when I can make them sparkle without the mess of conventional glitter!  It just gets EVERYWHERE.  I held off getting into conventional glitter for a long time.  I did a lot of Stickles glitter glue instead or various types of glitter pens.  I still use these for adding sparkles in smaller areas.  Eventually, I had to give in and get real glitter.  However, there are some glittery embossing powders out there!  They aren't all created equal.  I tried a green Christmasy one years ago that was really practically pointless.  It barely had any sparkle to it and the little bit it did have would just brush off!  But, the diamond embossing powder from A Muse really has a lot of sparkle to it and they stay put!  I'm not sure I would have thought to use it this way without reading about a technique with it here.  This brilliant lady covered the entire image with VersaMark and then the embossing powder.  I love it!  I think it really worked well on this heart doily.  And once you use the heat tool to activate the embossing powder, it doesn't flake off!  Crazy!  The inside says "happy valentine's day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse my aim is true set and Savvy Stamps happy valentine's day
Ink: A Muse grapefruit and VersaMark
Paper: A Muse vanilla, grapefruit, blush, and kraft cardstock
Misc.: A Muse tag bundle die set, foam mounting tape, A Muse diamond embossing powder, heat tool, and Lifestyle Crafts label nesting die set, doily heart, and cupid

No comments:

Post a Comment