Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fantastic Father's Day No. 3

I've seen this type of card a few times out there on the interwebs.  I loved the idea of it and thought it was just perfect for Father's Day.   So much of what I see for Father's Day ends up being about golf or neck ties, I tried hard to come up other options!

The wallet is fairly simple to make.  Start with two rectangular card bases.  I did them in the 4-bar size.  Slice one of those into two pieces (I discovered afterwards, it was better to make one piece about 1/16" smaller than the other, and use the smaller one for the inside pieces of the wallet) lengthwise, one being about a third of the original width and the other being about two thirds.  Attach the larger piece to the backside of the other card base along three of the four sides, creating a pocket and then attach the top piece above it.  I did the stitch marks using a white pen and the letter squares using a square punch and alphabet dies.  I added a little pocket on the inside of the wallet just the right size for a gift card.  Lastly, I inserted a white piece of cardstock with "Happy Father's Day" stamped on it as if it were money inside the wallet.  This card could easily work for a graduation card though!  You could go "grad" on the front rather than dad and so on.



Supplies
Stamps: A Muse label maker set
Ink: A Muse french roast
Paper: A Muse french roast and sugar cardstock
Misc.: Signo Uni-Ball white gel pen, EK Success 3/4" square punch, A Muse tall alphabet die set, foam mounting tape, double sided tape

No comments:

Post a Comment