Friday, July 15, 2016

Tantalizing Tropicals No. 3

Well, darn if it isn't hard to blog while on vacation without wifi!  It's even harder when you spend nearly that entire vacation sick!  Can you believe it?  We went on our annual trip with our group of college friends and I spent almost all of it sick with and ear infection!  We've been home since Sunday, and it's still not gone all the way.  Worst luck ever!

Oh well, on with real life I guess.  It's halfway through July, so I better finish up blogging about June's class!  Here's the third card from June.  I discovered that the long and narrow candy wrapper die and the library card catalog die were the same length!  So, from there I came up with this ombre design.  I die cut each of the color of pieces and mounted them to a piece of scratch cardstock behind them so that I could stamp the large hibiscus border just once as if the entire thing were a single piece of paper.  It also made it a lot easier to pop up on foam mounting tape.  I made sure to staple the loop of twine on BEFORE putting on the mounting tape.  Or rather, I did the second time round.  Whoops!


Supplies
Stamps: A Muse hibiscus border and pineapple of my eye sets
Ink: VersaMark and VersaFine black onyx
Paper: A Muse kraft, bermuda petite stripe, sky, bermuda, and mermaid cardstock
Misc.: A Muse white embossing powder, A Muse vanilla twine, Tim Holtz tiny attacher stapler, foam mounting tape, A Muse tag bundle, candy wrapper, and pinking circles, library card catalog die sets

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card design - I have those learning moments too! :) Glad you are back to blogging - now feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least it gives me a nice personal experience to teach from when I used it in class!

      Delete