Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Tantalizing Tropicals No. 5

Here's the non-card project from the tropicals class.  I had this idea to try and make a three dimension pineapple something.  I looked at the Shine Bright die from A Muse Studio, which I previously used for the super hero pillow box, and just thought it really could look like the scales of a pineapple!  So, I die cut a TON of them out and curled them on a wooden dowel just like the scallops from this card.  It gave them a lot more depth and texture once I attached them to popcorn box.  By overlapping the diamond die cuts, it also made them look less like a bunch of diamonds and more like the natural texture of a pineapple!  I used leaf die cuts and a paper straw to make the top knot of leaves.  The tag with sentiment is actually a candy wrapper die cut!  I love how it turned out, it really matched the image I had in my head.




Supplies
Stamps: A Muse pineapple of my eye set
Ink: A Muse Wasabi
Paper: A Muse lemonwhip, grass, wasabi hexagon, and wasabi petite pinstripe cardstock
Misc.: A Muse vanilla twine, cello bags, A Muse short popcorn box, shine bright, candy wrapper, flowers 1, and tag bundle (eyelet) die sets, yellow striped paper straws

No comments:

Post a Comment