Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter No. 6

It's nearly here!  I was at the store this morning getting the lamb for our Easter dinner, along with lots of other preparatory items.  Though, I no longer make hot cross buns from scratch the way my grandmother always did.  (But, homemade huckleberry pie is most definitely on our Easter menu!)  Our fridge is comically packed with all sorts of goodies.  My son is getting very excited for lots of family visiting our house and hunting down some eggs.  Even if, living in Seattle, we've had to hide them indoors every year of his life thus far because all the rain.

This card is definitely all about Easter eggs!  I used all the different egg designs from A Muse Studio's new Sweet Easter set to make my own patterned paper on the stitched rectangle.  The little window with the chick is egg shaped too, using the Stitched Egg dies!  For the blue sky behind the little chick, instead of just using colored paper I did some blue ink with sponge daubers on white cardstock to give it a bit more depth and dimension.  I think even the scalloped paper of the card base takes on a bit of "egg-i-ness" to it when paired with so many other egg shapes!



Supplies
Stamps: A Muse sweet easter
Ink: A Muse melon, lemon whip, bermuda, grass, and black dye (retired) and VersaFine onyx black
Paper: A Muse melon scallops, sugar, grass petite gingham, and bermuda petite gingham cardstock
Misc.: A Muse grass, sweet easter, tag bundle, and stitched eggs die sets, foam mounting tape, sponge daubers, Copic markers
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment