Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Mother's Day Card No. 1

Happy day after May Day!  Seriously, how is it May already?  Here in the PNW, we are having a suuuuuper late spring.  Things are still rainy and cold (at least on the west side of the Cascade mountains, on the east side it's just cold) and flowers and crops are a few weeks behind where they typically are.  So, I'll have to take my flowers in paper form!

For this card, I used a technique I learned in an amazing class with the fantastic Julie Ebersole, at Paper Trufflez!  I've taken classes from her before and I ALWAYS learn SO much.  Plus, she's a blast to be around!  I wanted the flower to have a stained glass sort of look, so I stamped and white embossed it on vellum.  Then, on the BACK side I colored it with Tombow markers.  (I tested it with Copic markers, but the Tombow ones looked/worked better for this particular technique).  The result is soooo soft and pretty!  I also didn't want the navy of the stitched circle behind the flower to show through the vellum and detract from the color of the flower.  So, I made a second die cut of the flower die, without bothering to stamp it, out of white cardstock and adhered it directly behind the colored vellum flower.

And a quick FYI!  As part of their May Specials, A Muse Studio has Tombow markers on sale for $1.99 each!  An awesome price! I added quite a few more colors to my stash.   Check it out here.




Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Vintage Florals
Ink: A Muse apple and VersaMark
Paper: A Muse sugar, apple, winter sky, navy petite dot cardstock and vellum

No comments:

Post a Comment