Monday, June 19, 2017

June No. 6

We made it to the beach!  Every year, our family takes a week long trip to the Washington state coast.  It's gorgeous here.  Windswept evergreen trees, unspoiled sandy beaches, beautiful sunsets, amazing storms, and the vast Pacific Ocean.  We arrived yesterday in a very thoroughly packed Outback with stuffed cargo box on top and 3 bikes on the back!  I think our kitchen sink is about the only thing we left behind in Seattle.

In honor of our current location, I have my last ocean/nautical card to share today!  It's actually one of my very favorites I made this past month.  I love turning the scallop pattered cardstock upside down.  I think it looks both more like waves but also could be fish scales too! I wrapped a LOT of vanilla twine around the card base.  I was going for a battered sun bleached fishing net sort of look.  To make the color gradiented ocean background, I used several different colors of Splash! spray inks.  I did a few squirts of each with the darkest color at the bottom and lightest at the top and then swirled it around with a paper towel.  Though I did stamp and white emboss all the images first, and they resisted the spray ink well and after being wiped off with the paper towel, they were still bright white.




Supplies
Stamps: A Muse let's be mermaids and label maker
Ink: A Muse ocean and VersaMark
Paper: A Muse bermuda scallops and sugar cardstock
Misc.: A Muse vanilla twine, A Muse white embossing powder, foam mounting tape, A Muse tag bundle die set, A Muse navy, mermaid, marshmallow, and bermuda Splash! spray inks

No comments:

Post a Comment