Monday, February 29, 2016

St . Patrick's Day No. 11

I have to say, this is my favorite card for St. Patrick's Day this year.  I used a die from a halloween set for the pot of gold.  It was a three legged cauldron, and so I just trimmed off the middle leg.  For the gold, I took a scalloped oval die, colored it with a gold sparkle pen and then covered it with gold Stickles.  I used a lot of foam mounting tape for this one in either single or double layers.  I wanted a lot of different dimensions to the scene.  Overall, I'm REALLY happy with how it came out.  (We'll just ignore the scientific error I made.)  The inside says, "Happy St. Patrick's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse wishing you luck and good fortune and Essential Sentiments (inside)
Ink:  A Muse grass
Paper: A Muse wasabi petite pinstripe, sugar shimmer couture, onyx shimmer couture, grass petite gingham, line, grass, blueberry, violets, melon, papaya, and poppy
Misc.: Spellbinders scalloped oval die set, Ranger golden rod Stickles glitter glue, foam mounting tape, A Muse tag bundle, grass border, cloud duo, rainbow, and peculiar potions die sets, and Kirarina Wink gold glitter pen

4 comments:

  1. You're kidding me! I have the Peculiar Potions stamp set that goes with the "pot o gold die". I never purchased the die set - didn't figure I needed it, until NOW. The Peculiar Potions die set is on clearance for $7.50. NOW I have to add it to my next A Muse order. I love multi-taskers! You are BRILLIANT. Thank you for being an enabler. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I am ALWAYS happy to enable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks!! This was definitely my favorite one in a while! =)

      Delete