Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last but not least...

Another Harry Potter card!  In celebration of the tickets I now have to see the new movie the day it comes out!  In college, my friends and I were known to go to midnight showings of big new movies like Lord of the Rings or the Matrix.  But now, the real world has hit and that is just not happening.  Not in the least due to the fact that the night before is the very last UW home football game vs. UCLA!  Luckily, the UW Alumni Association reservered the ENTIRE 7:30pm showing at the Pacific Science Center IMAX for it's members!  And sold tickets and a reduced rate too!  So, come November 19th, that's where we all will be!!!  And hopefully to view Harry Potter: The Exhibition beforehand!  I am VERY excited for this.  The only downside I suppose will be that then we'll have to wait till July to see the rest of the movie!  Though if it means they do a good job and don't cut things out, I suppose I shouldn't complain.

So, here's the card.  I used my Slice to make the cauldron.  I know potions isn't Harry's favorite subject, but it does seem fitting for Halloween.  And it seemed that he might need Trevor the toad (belonging to Neville Longbottom) to keep him company.  The steam is from the steaming coffee cup from A Muse's Hero Mail clear set.  I went over it with a Sakura Stardust pen, the spiders in the jar have little jewels, and the cauldron is sparkly from some Stickles.

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Magician, Toad, Ingredients, Brewing fun, Hero Mail clear set, and Happy Halloween (inside)
Paper: A Muse natural white, orange crush, black kitchen, orange vintage, lime peel, and blackberry shimmer couture solid cardstock
Other Supplies: Copic Markers, Lime Peel Stickles glitter glue, A Muse black dye ink, VersaFine onyx ink, Memory Box black jewels, Spica glitter pens, Sakura GellyRoll Stardust pen, foam mounting tape, Making Memories Slice and Spook Alley design card, EK success scalloped scallop edger punch, and A Muse lime peel grosgrain stitch ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment