Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Last Thanksgiving Card

And I have to say, it's not original.  I took it from this card (that you can just see to the far left) that I made when I took Julie Ebersole's awesome class at the A Muse store.  It was just such a cool layout, I couldn't help it.
In my family, pie has always been VERY important.  (stay tuned for another post just about pie).  So it made sense to use this great pie slice stamp.  To make the whipped cream topping be three dimensional I used Liquid Applique.  I've had it for a while, but this is the first time I've put it to the test.  I have to say, I *really* like it!  It's fun to watch it bubble up while you heat it with a heat tool.  The weird thing is if you follow the directions, it says to let the product dry, overnight if possible, first and then heat it.  Now, I did some tests, and it certainly heats right away if you want to and I didn't notice huge differences in the final effect.  BUT, it seems to scorch the white ink that I used.  So, I let it dry overnight to be on the safe side and keep the white ink white.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Muse turkey (prototype stamp) and Turkey is near, Lockhart IB piece of pie, and Memory Box happy thanksgiving (inside)
Paper: Impress orange cardstock, A Muse toffee and kraft cardstock, green bias plaid paper (from sale bin at A Muse, but not by A Muse)
Inks: VersaFine vintage sepia, VersaMark, Brilliance moonlight white
Misc.: white Liquid Applique, JudiKins white embossing powder, foam mounting tape, A Muse chocolate pretty pearls and french roast sheer ribbon, Copic markers, Making Memories Slice machine, Turkey Daze design card, and half circle slot punch tool, Martha Stewart Crafts screw punch and brown baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment