Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Place Cards

This year, my husband and I have traveled to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner.  We got here last night in time for dinner!  We were pretty excited for this because the mountain pass we had to cross had good weather conditions and the traffic wasn't too bad.  AND there is still lots of snow here at their house, so it's beautiful!  My aunt and cousin will also be joining us later on today.  We'll only have 6 people, pretty small for us, but 3 dogs!!  2 Yorkshire terriers and a West Highland Terrier/Cocker mix will make it quite lively.  

I wanted to make these cute place cards for our table.  My husband helpfully pointed out that these would be really practical since with only 6 people we might not know where we were sitting...boys.... 
Each person's card has a different Thanksgiving image; a pie, turkey, the Mayflower, pilgrim hat, Native American head dress, and ax/rifle.  I used my slice and the new Turkey Daze design card for them and the white background as well.  The MS+ features on slice cards is really great!  I didn't have quite the right ink for stamping on shimmer paper, but I found that the Brilliance inks work fine, as long as I heat set them.  Then, for the place card itself, I took square notecards and trimmed them down.  Next, I cut small pieces of cardstock, about 2.5" long, and scored each piece at 1/2" in from each end.  I taped each of these 1/2" tabs to either side of the inside of the notecards, to make a triangle shape for the whole thing.  This way, I figured that the place cards wouldn't slowly loose their ability to stand up because of the weight of the paper attached to them.

Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Stamps Special Occasion 95pt. alphabet
Paper: A Muse orange damask and white shimmer couture cardstock, cottage brown notecards, and Imress light green cardstock, and chocolate paper
Inks: Brilliance Coffee Bean
Misc.: EK Success Open Scallop edger punch, foam mounting tape, Making Memories Slice machine and Turkey Daze design card, and A Muse french roast sheer ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment