Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sparkling icicles (Design 15)

This one remind minds me so much of ice and snow and sparkly winter things.  To get it just right, I had to do something I had told myself I wasn't ever going to do.  I bought...loose glitter.  *gasp*  Now, this might not sound like a big deal to you.  But, I am a neat freak and though I love the look of glittery things, the loose glitter gets EVERYWHERE.  And then I start twitching.  My usual way around this is to use Stickles glitter glue.  But, I discovered that Stickles on vellum, as with this card, does not work.  The glue is too wet and it make the vellum curl.  So,  I broke down and bought the glitter and it was totally worth it.
The inside of this card says "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow"
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse taste snowflakes and Holiday greetings I clear set (inside) and Martha Stewart Holiday snowflake stamp set
Paper: A Muse winter sky cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Inks: Brilliance starlite black and starlite silver
Misc.: Martha Stewart Holiday icicle edger punch, A Muse sheer white ribbon, Quickie glue pen, and Art Glitter ultrafine transparent crystal 85 glitter

1 comment: