Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Birthday Cards

My mom's birthday is on Sunday.  This year, I think I got the card out on time for her!  I've got quite a few other birthday cards lined up to make, especially ones for people with birthdays in March.  Since our baby is due March 5th (it's our first, so really it's March 5th +/- 2 weeks), I feel like I should get a lot of these made sooner rather than later.  So hopefully, there will be more birthday card posts upcoming.

Here's what I made for my mom, who loves birds and birdwatching.  The bird is actually a stamp that has it with a Santa hat, so I masked that off and used the tiny party hat instead, with my stamp positioner of course.  Actually, this card used a lot of stamp positioning.  The inside says: "Happy Bird-day".
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse santa bird, tiny hat, bare branch with leaves, tiny gift, birdhouse, and Happy bird-day (inside)
Paper: A Muse white, papaya, pink petite gingham, and moss cardstock
Inks: Memento rich cocoa, VersaMagic jumbo java, thatched wheat and aloe vera, VersaFine vintage sepia
Misc.: Martha Stewart Crafts woodland branch edge punch, EK Success larger corner rounder punch, Tonic Studios ticket/tag punch, Copic markers, Memory Box pink jewel and yellow pearl stickers, sponge dauber, foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment