Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Another back dated post.  Here's a card I managed to make for Father's day this year.  We sent it to my husband's grandfather who had been a school bus driver.  The classic red thermos just made me imagine him using one of them on his route "back in the day."  I used the Mad for Plaid A Muse Studio set to create the black plaid on the red paper that mimics the pattern on the thermos.  The inside says "Happy Father's Day" and I used a black glitter pen to make the steam from the cup sparkle just a smidge, not too much, since it still had to be manly.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Mainly Men clear set, Mad for Plaid set
Inks: A Muse black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Paper: A Muse cherry, sugar, and onyx petite gingham cardstock
Misc.: Copic markers, foam mounting tape, Spica glitter pen, A Muse onyx twine

No comments:

Post a Comment