Saturday, May 5, 2012

More Mother's Day

Since it's been so long since I've made cards, inspiration of my own is slow to come. For me, ideas come from just doing, seeing, and being around lots of samples, classes, and so on. As you can see from the list to the side here, I follow a TON of blogs and 95% of them are stamping blogs. I use Google Reader to keep track of them and I tag entries I like with a variety of categories, such as Chrismas, Birthday, Layouts, etc. So when I feel ideas are slow to come, I pick a category and scroll through it for inspiration. I try to never copy a card exactly so that even if I am borrowing heavily from someone else's right brain, my own right side is still making some sort of contribution. This card's idea came from this blog, and ended up being a lot more similar than I would have liked it to be, but oh well. It's pretty, so I'll deal. The inside of my card reads "Happy Mother's Day".
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Essential Semtiments set, leaf frond, and Mother Bl
Inks: A Muse sage, VersaFine Vintage Sepia, VersaMagic wheat
Paper: A Muse sugar and sky cardstock
Misc.: foam mounting tape, A Muse french roast grosgrain stitch ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment