Thursday, September 19, 2013

Birthday Backlog No. 4

This is the last card from this year that I had yet to post. It was a birthday card I made for my grandmother. About a month and a half before she died at 97. It was a tough part of the year, both my grandmothers died within exactly two weeks of each other and unluckily exactly in the middle of our moving, selling, and buying our house. Even though both of my grandmothers no longer really know who anyone in the family was anymore, the very fact that they were still around kept me from truly missing them. Once they were gone, how much I missed them the way they used to be was difficult to deal with. I am so grateful that neither of them had to suffer any longer, but that doesn't make it easier on those of us whom they left behind. Grief is a weird thing, you don't really get over, you just learn to live with it. But even living with it, you still have moments were it just hits you by surprise, but over time there are fewer of those moments.
Anyways, sorry for all that sadness. But I really did love this card. It was cheerful, bright, and happy. I think the inside said something about eating cake.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse very Merry unbirthday set
Ink: A Muse black dye and VersaMark
Paper: A Muse sugar, grapefruit chevron, and Bellini cardstock
Misc.: Lifestyle Crafts Evolution, Spellbinders circle nesting dies, foam mounting tape, A Muse white embossing powder, heat gun, Copic markers, Stickles yellow glitter glue

No comments:

Post a Comment