Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baby Shower Invite No. 1

This past summer, a long time ago at this point I know, I co-hosted two baby showers for very close friends of mine! One of them was even having twins and the other came a long way from California just to let us throw her a shower! I used this as a perfect excuse to make lots of invitations, favors, and decorations with my stamping/papercrafting hobby.
The first had an owl theme (since the then Mom to be LOVES owls) with papaya, bermuda, and latte colors! I loved how this invite turned out. The whole thing comes looking like an owl and then unfolds with the info on the inside. I used half of a Spellbinders label die to make the owl face shape. For the beak, I used a pennant shape and turned it sideways. To give the eyes that feathery look, I just fringe cut the edges of the yellow circles, and my fabulous husband figured out how to get it to print just right on our desktop printer. I wanted it to stay closed for mailing, but not damage the paper when it was opened. So, we sealed it up with removable glue dots which worked perfectly. I couldn't have gotten it all done without my co-host Annie!
The shower was awesome! Great food (we made some of Kristen's favorites), great gifts, great party activities (onesie decorating with fun iron-on shapes and writing sage and humorous advice for the new parents) and best of all, great friends!

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse owl's well set
Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Paper: A Muse latte, woodgrain latte, bermuda, papaya, sugar, and bermuda chevron cardstock
Misc.: Martha Stewart owl double punch, A Muse bermuda buttons, Fiskars Fuse, Spellbinders Labels #1 die and oval die sets, EK Success mini pennant punch and circle punches, A Muse cupcake topper die set, foam mounting tape, glue dots and removable glue dots

Also, there was a lot of die cutting for this shower and Kieran really likes to help with that.

2 comments:

  1. This was such a cute invite! And man, it's amazing how young Kieran looks in this picture!! Time really does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! It really seems like a long time ago compared to him now!

    ReplyDelete