Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Baby Shower No. 1 Favor Box

To go along with the owl themed baby shower, I and my co-host made these cute little favor bags. Inside them, we put a few Frangos of various flavors. Which happens to be the Dad to be's favorite candy and they are kind of a big thing here in the Northwest. I'm not gonna lie, I bought the Frangos well in advance and my husband and I might possibly have eaten them all before the shower. Oops!! But no worries, I got more in time.
Fortunately, to make this favor I didn't need to cut a label shape in half to make the owl face as I did with the invite! I found a die that already had that shape as the flap for it! Brilliant! These little owls were much smaller than the invites. So for the eyes, I used little paper daisy flowers and button brads instead of all paper circles. I also used the same mini pennant punch for the beak, but just trimmed a little off the top to scale it down and then more removable glue dots to close it without damage.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse owl's well set
Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Paper: A Muse latte woodgrain, papaya, and bermuda petite dot cardstock
Misc.: Fiskars Fuse, Lifestyle Crafts treat bag die set, A Muse petite daisy paper flowers, EK Success mini pennant, circle, and 2" x 1 3/8" oval (for Stampin' Up) punches, foam mounting tape, Making Memories button brads, glue dots and removable glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment