Friday, November 13, 2015

Thanksgiving Card No. 4

I find watercoloring very relaxing.  Something about it just shuts off the thinking part of my brain for a while.  I should probably do it a lot more.  For this card, I gold embossed the various leaf stamps and then used watercolors to fill them in.  Straightforward, but very visually effective I think.  Watercolors tend to make any type of paper ripple.  So, after it dried, I stuck the just the watercolored layer under a few heavy paper storage boxes to flatten it back out.  The inside says "Happy Thanksgiving"


Supplies
Stamps: A Muse autumn leaves set and Impress Rubber Stamps Happy Thanksgiving (inside)
Ink: VersaMark and VersaFine vintage sepia
Paper: A Muse squash and french roast cardstock and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum 
Misc.: foam mounting tape, Nicholson's Peerless watercolors, and Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment