Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Card No. 3

I really love snow.  And I really love snow in the woods even more!  I think there's nothing prettier than snow-laden evergreen trees.  I tried to get that look with this card.  I stamped the trees once and then a second time without re-inking the stamp to make those trees seem farther away in the distance.  I used the same technique with the falling snow blob.  And I did it A LOT with the snow.  I wanted to give it that whiteout-ish blizzard like feel.  For the hill, I actually just free-hand tore the paper for an unfinished edge that I think definitely looks like piled up snow drifts.  All that white pristine snow really makes the green sentiment, silver cording and red bells stand out.  The inside says "Season's Greetings".


Supplies
Stamps: A Muse peace on earth, winter stag, and bottle brush forest sets
Ink: A Muse evergreen and Brilliance moonlight white
Paper: A Muse sugar, evergreen, and kraft cardstock
Misc.: Impress Rubber Stamps red jingle bells, form mounting tape, and A Muse silver elastic cording

No comments:

Post a Comment