Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine's Card No. 15

Only a few more left to show you.  Copper is really having a moment right now in crafting.  I got some great copper embossing powder and transparent watercolor to try and I think they look great together!  First, I stamped the wreath in VersaMark, embossed it in copper, and stamped the sentiment in the middle with an archival in that wouldn't bleed with watercolors over it.  Then, I just made broad freehanded stripes in pink and copper.  Since I covered the entire piece of paper in watercolor, it was very distorted after it dried.  So, to correct that a little, I left it flat under some heavy books overnight.  Didn't solve it completely, but helped a lot.  To put the card all together, I just added a pink later on the ivory cardstock and popped the watercolor layer up with some foam mounting tape.  I used a lot more mounting tape than I would have on a regular piece of non-watercolor distorted cardstock.  The additional tape seems to help flatten it out too.  The inside says, "Made with Love".
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse with love set and made with love (inside)
Ink: Ranger Archival jet black, VersaMark, and A Muse grapefruit (inside)
Paper: A Muse vanilla and grapefruit and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: Ranger superfine detail copper embossing powder, heat tool, foam mounting tape, and Nicholson's peerless watercolors and transparent metallic copper

No comments:

Post a Comment