Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Valentine's Day No. 16

I must say, this one turned out to one of my very favorites this year.  It just really spoke to me.  I started with a die that cuts out three vertical half hearts.  I centered it on the watercolor paper layer and ran it through my die cutter.  Then, to make the other half of the hearts, I flipped the paper over, lined it up, and ran it through again.  Once both sides of the hearts were die cut, I placed it on my score board and used a bone folder to score lines down the center of each heart.  After that, I took the brush end of a VeraMark pen to freehand a little outline on each heart and gold emboss it.  Next  up, was the watercolors.  I used a pink for the hearts and transparent gold for the background.  The paper was quite saturated with water and thus quite distorted, so again I placed it under something flat and heavy overnight.  The next day, I pulled it back out and added foam mounting tape, sequins, gold twine and the card base.  I am slightly regretting that I didn't also outline the entire watercolor  later in gold embossing as well.  But, maybe that's something for next time.  The inside says, "Happy Valentine's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: Savvy Stamps Happy Valentine's Day (inside)
Ink: A Muse Watermelon (inside) and VersaMark pen
Paper: A Muse watermelon and  Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: May Arts metallic gold twine, foam mounting tape, Ranger superfine detail gold embossing powder. A Muse pearl sequins, heat tool, Martha Stewart Crafts score board and bone folder, Memory Box Half a Heart die, and Nicholson's peerless watercolors and transparent metallic gold

No comments:

Post a Comment