Thursday, February 11, 2016

Classroom Valentines

We did a non-food treat this year for Kieran's class valentines.  I found some cute kid self inking dinosaur stamps on Amazon.  His class had already decided to name themselves "The Dinosaurs" earlier this year, so it seemed appropriate.  The packaging definitely looks similar to last year's.  But, since they are 4 year olds, I'm not all that worried about it.  To make them, I die cut the little bags out.  This was the part Kieran helped the most with.  He LOVES to work the die cutter.  I also had him die cut the little polka dot tags.  Then, I stamped the dinosaur with extra heart on each of the tags and the sentiment near the bottom of the bags.  Getting the holes lined up between both side of the bag and the tag was really tricky once they were assembled.  So, after trying that once, I did it a little differently for the rest of them.  Before folding and assembling the bag, I lined up both sides of it and the polka dot tag where they would all be once assembled.  Then, I taped them together with a little Washi tape.  Once held together, it was MUCH easier to do the hole punch with my Crop-A-Dile.  After removing the Washi tape, I assembled the bags, added the favors for the kids, and tied them up with the baker's cording!  Ta-Da!  (Oh, and the back of the tags has a little stamp that says "From Kieran".  I stamped that upside down, so that when you flip it up to read it, the words are going the right way.)


Supplies
Stamps: A Muse dino clear set and JustRite DIY Curlz monogram set and Times New Roman font set
Ink: A Muse Berry
Paper: A Muse bubblegum heartbreaker and popsicle pink tiny dots cardstock
Misc.: A Muse lunch sack and card catalogue tag, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile, double sided tape, Washi tape, and A Muse blush baker's cording

No comments:

Post a Comment