Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mother's Day No. 4

More watercolors and flowers!  Though, I struggled with the layout of this card a bit, I think I'm happy with the end result.  I started by white embossing this large open marigold and then die cutting it out with a circle die.  Next, I used my Peerless watercolors, trying to match the pink/yellow/green of the confetti print paper.  I played with a few different options for the sentiment, but settled on a a pink scalloped circle with white embossing and vellum over it. There's also a 2'' strip of vellum over the confetti print paper.  I popped the marigold up with some mounting tape and added some green pearls.  The inside says "Happy Mother's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse marvelous marigolds and essential sentiments (inside) sets
Ink: VersaMark and A Muse grapefruit (inside)
Paper: A Muse grapefruit and petite pinstripe grapefruit cardstock, A Muse everything's rosy 6x6 paper, Martha Stewart Crafts vellum, and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: A Muse lime pearl stickers, A Muse white embossing powder, A Muse embossing buddy, heat tool, foam mounting tape, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle die sets, and Nicholson's peerless watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment