Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mother's Day No. 5

Ok!  I've definitely reached a point where I've made more cards than I have mothers, MILs, or G'MILs to send things too!  Time to start building a stash! =)

I really liked how the colors worked in this card.  The brightness of the poppy with the contrasting black was softened nicely by the sky card base.  I started with the pinstriped label and used the same tulip vase stamp as a few cards ago.  But instead of using the whole image, I used a stamp positioner to just get the blossoms.  I added just a hint of pale blue-green Copic marker to the base of each bloom, blending it upwards with sort of brush strokes.  Technically, you should use a dye based ink with Copics.  But, I've found that A Muse's pigment inks are still safe (i.e. not getting ink on the marker nibs) if you are doing small amounts of color and are careful to not color over the lines of the image.  That really opens up what you can do with them I think.  I added little blue pearl stickers above each blossom that corresponded to the size of each.  On the larger die cut vellum tag, I white embossed the sentiment and then adhered the smaller blossom label die cut to it with foam mounting tape.  I put the two larger tags, cardstock and vellum, at an angle to each other.  They just seemed more visual interesting that way, and then popped the whole thing up with even more mounting tape.  Then, finished it off with the little black paper eyelet at the top of the tag and some ribbon.  The inside says "Happy Mother's Day".

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse vintage labels 2, happiness blooms, and essential sentiments (inside) sets
Ink: A Muse black dye and poppy and VersaMark
Paper: A Mue poppy, grapefruit petite pinstripe, onyx shimmer couture, and sky hexagon cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Misc.: A Muse tag bundle and vintage labels 2 die sets, A Muse sky pearl stickers, A Muse poppy satin and sky sheer organdy ribbons, foam mounting tape, A Muse white embossing powder, stamp positioner, heat tool, Copic markers, and embossing buddy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is stunning! You have such a great style (I hope you don't get tired of me saying that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I promise to never complain from too many compliments ;)

    ReplyDelete