Saturday, May 7, 2016

Fun Florals No. 1

Well, it's been a couple days since I taught my very first stamp class at our house!  It was such a blast!  I loved seeing some of the awesome ladies I used to take classes with regularly at the old A Muse shop.  We stamped, we ate, we talked!  A perfect evening!

Here's the first of the six projects we made.  I started with a lemon whip card base and across the bottom stamped in a slightly darker yellow, buttercup, a large botanical image.  Then, took a die cut from the card catalogue tag die in vellum and stamped a variety of botanical silhouettes in yellow, green and blue.  I layered the vellum directly over an identical die cut of hexagon cardstock and added white eyelets in the corners.  I used a narrow tag for the sentiment that was popped up with foam mounting tape, as was the eyelet cornered one.  I finished it off with the polka dot ribbon near the fold!  We didn't do any sentiments on the inside, but "Happy Mother's Day" would certainly work for that.



I was so completely engaged in teaching and talking I didn't remember to take any pictures during the class the way I had planned to.  But, I did take this one of everything set up and ready to go before it all started!

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse sunny side of life and botanical silhouettes sets
Ink: A Muse buttercup, sage, and sky
Paper: A Muse lemon whip, sky hexagon and sugar cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Misc.: A Muse sugar eyelets, foam mounting tape, A Muse sky sheer dot ribbon, A Muse card catalogue tag and gift tag trio die sets

No comments:

Post a Comment