Wednesday, May 24, 2017

a•muse | studio June Sneak Peak Day 3

Welcome to Sneak Peaks Day 3!!  Today's card features the new "hey gull friend" stamp and matching die sets!  I see a lot of seagulls around Seattle and at our beaches.  Before coloring these two with Copic markers, I spent a lot of time Googling real life ones.  I wanted to get the coloring just right.  And of course, there are more than just one species of them.  So, here's my best at a Western Gull, complete with red/orange beak dots.

For the sunset on this card, I used sponge daubers and just blended papaya and poppy inks until it looked just right.  I couldn't help myself and added the silhouettes of flying gulls in the distance from the "you are my sunshine" set from A Muse's May release!  It just worked to perfectly!

Larus occidentalis (Western Gull), Point Lobos, CA, US - May 2013.jpg
(Western Gull, photo via Wikipedia)

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse hey gull friend and you are my sunshine sets 
Ink: A Muse poppy, papaya, black dye (retired) and VersaFine onyx black
Paper: A Muse kraft, papaya petite dot, mermaid, ocean, sugar, bermuda scallops cardstock
Misc.: A Muse landscape, hey gull friend, pinking circles, medium scallop border, and chevron pennant die sets, foam mounting tape, Copic markers, sponge daubers
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Emily and I love the sunset behind the gulls, you made a great scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks again!! So glad you are enjoying my cards!

      Delete