Friday, May 11, 2012

Last Mother's Day Design

This is the last Mother's Day card I made this year. It's for my aunt who has an adorable Westie/Cocker mix named Teddy. Our family has an affinity for terriers. My dad and aunt had a Scottish terrier as kids and my parents and I both have Yorkshire terriers. So when this stamp set cam out from A Muse Studio, I HAD to have it. I am glad I got it so quickly, because they retired it in 2011. I can't believe it wasn't more popular! The little dogs are SO cute! I used a copic multiliner to make the little motion quotes by their tails. To make their collars stand out, I first stamped the dogs on sugar cardstock, then on the gingham card stock, and on Bermuda cardstock. I fussy cut the gingham out and glued it onto the sugar cardstock and then cut out the collar from the Bermuda dogs and glued it on the gingham dogs. The collar cut outs were so tiny I had to use reverse tweezers to place them. And, you know what the inside says.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse ooh la la set and essential sentiments set
Paper: A Muse sugar, apricot, orange, sage, sage petite gingham, bermuda, and orange petite gingham
Inks: A Muse black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: A Muse Bermuda chevron ribbon and scallop border die set, foam mounting tape, copic multiliner, Sakura quickie glue pen, Sizzix BigShot
Update: I am entering this card into the A Muse Studio Challenge blog!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is ADORABLE!!! :) Thank you for joining us at the AMuse Challenge Blog this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeek! This is so darn cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those gingham dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little dogs! They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete