Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Today is my husband's second Father's Day! It sure was different than where we were last year at this time. In fact, I can barely remember Father's Day last year. Nathan is an amazing father. He is so patient and kind and loves being with Kieran. He spends as much time with him as he can, so despite the fact that I stay home with our son, he sees us equally. Nathan feeds him dinner, bathes him, gives him a bottle and storytime every single night. When Kieran wakes up in the middle of the night, it's Nathan who goes in and helps him back to sleep. When Nathan gets home from work, he takes Kieran to the park so I can go lap swimming. He has changed just as many poopy diapers as I have. He is truly an equal parenting partner.
 
Nathan loves sports and reading (and beer), so the cute little store fronts seemed just right. I didn't have a beer one, so I masked off the "ook" from the "books" and used my trusty copic multiliner to add "eer" so that there would be a beer shop. Again, my stamp positioner was a life saver! Nathan didn't even know that the shops were separate stamps! The inside says "Happy Father's Day". I am also entering this card in the A Muse Studio Challenge blog challenge this week.
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse book shop, sports shop, little things, essential sentiments set (inside)
Paper: A Muse sugar, orange, ocean, and sky petite gingham cardstock
Inks: A Muse black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: A Muse window word die set, Sizzix BigShot, foam mounting tape, Making Memories antique copper brads, Copic markers, black Copic Multiliner pen, stamp positioner
 

3 comments:

  1. EEEK!!!!! This ROCKS!!!!!!!! Seriously...this is the best! :) Thanks for playing and sharing your creation with us on the A Muse Studio Consultant Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile - this is super cute! :) Thank you for playing along with us at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete