Thursday, June 14, 2012

Husky Birthday

Once again, another guy friend had a birthday. I suppose they are allowed. My friend Aaron's birthday was this past Tuesday. He's a UW alum (like nearly all other people I know) and works in civil engineering, so the husky logo with a hard hat seemed appropriate. The construction hat on the husky is also appropriate since currently Husky Stadium is under construction. The green and white background is supposed to be a football field (obviously not to scale). I didn't have a sentiment that was just right. To create one, I took the "you're top dog" sentiment from the A Muse Studio hey, man! set and masked off the word "dog". Then, I replaced it with the word "dawg" (which is how we huskies say it) that was from a stamp I have that has a pennant flag that says "go dawgs!". Which, of course, meant I had to do a separate masking and stamping of the exclamation mark so that the sentiment on the card would be singular and not plural. Thank goodness for my stamp positioner or the whole thing would be a mess. It was all completely worth it though. I love how the whole thing looks! The inside says "{happy birthday}".
Supplies
Stamps: A Muse hey man set and mainly men set, UW logo and go dawgs flag, and Savvy Stamps {happy birthday} (inside)
Paper: A Muse sugar, grass, latte, blackberry, buttercup cardstock
Inks: A Muse blackberry and black dye and VersaFine black onyx
Misc.: foam mounting tape, eclipse masking tape, stamp positioner

No comments:

Post a Comment