Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yuletide Design No. 14

12 days of Christmas remember? So it's ok, I'm not late with this yet. I had some trouble with the impression plate here. The snowflakes were supposed to be embossed, but instead it worked and looked better to use the back side of the impression for a letterpress style look. I really like it and now I want to remember to try it more often with my other impression plates. Since the band across the card is vellum (with white cardstock underneath it), I made sure to let the ink dry for 24 hours after stamping because I really didn't want any smudges. The inside says "Have a cool Yule".
Supplies
Stamps: Martha Stewart Holiday snowflake stamp set, A Muse taste snowflake and cool Yule
Ink: A Muse winter sky and cobalt
Paper: A Muse sugar and winter sky cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Misc.: Sizzix BigShot, A Muse snowflake/candy came impression plate, and foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment