Saturday, October 4, 2014

Halloween Bat Wreath

I saw this on Pinterest, and knew I could/needed to make one!  The original I found can be seen here. Brilliant idea and I pretty much had all I needed.  I just grabbed an 18" grapevine wreath from the Jo Ann's by my house (all of $3.27 after coupon!)  and two spools of ribbon.  I cut out a TON of the largest bat dies from A Muse Studio.  It was a great way to use up scraps from anything orange, black, and grey.  I scored lines on either side of the bat's body so that the wings would fold up nicely. Then I hot glued them all over the place, trying to evenly distribute the various colors and patterns.  I left an empty place on the bottom of the wreath and added the bow with some floral wire.  Originally, I just had a black bow.  But, our door is a very very dark green and the black ribbon just blended in.  To fix this, I added the orange underneath it and since the black was a sparkly sheer the orange is a great pop of color.  I am thrilled with out it turned out!
(up close)

(the whole entry, pay no attention to the dying Alberta Spruce on the left)


Paper: A Muse orange, seattle, vintage orange, vintage onyx, seattle petite dot, orange petite dot, venetian melon, orange chevron, slate woodgrain, onyx, onyx petite dot, orange petite gingham, onyx petite gingham, orange crush tiny dots, orange crush star cardtock
Misc: 18" grapevine wreath, floral wire, hot glue, wired sheer black ribbon, wired orange ribbon, A Muse bat trio die set, Fiskars Fuse

No comments:

Post a Comment