Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's No. 10

Happy Valentine's Day!!  Here's a heart shaped card for today.  Once again, I'm using the various Lifestyle Crafts nesting heart die sets.  To make a shaped card with a die, fold the cardstock before diecutting and place the die just a smidge over the fold.  You can see at the top of the heart here where the curve of the little eyelets are straight and flat instead of rounded, that's the fold line.  Then, I put a slightly smaller gingham heart background and a diecut shape for "my AIM is true".  When I went to add the banner, it seemed a little too stark.  It's cream paper with latte ink.  So, I diecut the same banner shape again out of plain vellum and layer it directly over the first one.  This seemed to soften the look of the whole thing.  I attached the two banner pieces together with a little Quickie glue on the folded parts that don't show since you would see any sort of adhesive through the vellum.  I also used a screw punch to create little holes before putting in mini brads to hold the two pieces together.  I added a couple sequins, and a "happy valentine's day" on the inside and done!

Supplies
Stamps: A Muse my aim is true and essential sentiments sets
Ink: A Muse latte
Paper: A Muse blush, cherry petite gingham, latte, and vanilla cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts vellum
Misc.: Fiskars Fuse, Making Memories pewter mini brads, Lifestyle Crafts nesting hearts, lace nesting hearts, bonus nesting frames from Genius platform, and banner dies, A Muse sweetheart mix sequins, Quickie glue pen, Martha Stewart Crafts screw punch

No comments:

Post a Comment