Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's No. 13

My husband LOVES sweethearts.  I mean LOVES them.  I don't quite get it.  Actually I really don't get it, I think they are gross.  But, *shrugs*, whatever.  It's a pretty easy order to fill for Valentine's candy. I thought that instead of the little individual boxes, I should get him a bag and make cute packaging for it.  Cause you know, guys love cute packaging.... *rolls eyes*

I cut out the basic popcorn box shape and then added scalloped edges along the top.  I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day!", die cut it out with a scalloped rectangle, and edged it with matching ink using a sponge dauber.  I attached it to the popcorn box with, you guessed it, foam mounting tape!  The little thing sticking up out of the bag is just an extra long lollipop stick.  I die cut two of those little heart shaped people and put double layers of foam mounting tape between them with room for the stick through the middle.  I really thought that little character looked like a cartoon version of a candy sweetheart.  Clearly the packaging was effective, since the bag was empty in a day.



Supplies
Stamps: A Muse with love set
Ink: A Muse bubblegum
Paper: A Muse bubblegum petite gingham, sugar, and kraft cardstock
Misc.: Fiskars Fuse, Spellbinders scalloped rectangle die set, foam mounting tape, A Muse scalloped edge die and with love die sets and popcorn box die, A Muse bubblegum stitched grosgrain ribbon, Packaging Specialities cello bags, Wilton 8" lollipop sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment