Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Valentine's Day No. 7

The heart wreath on this card is another of my oldest Valentine's Day stamps.  I think I got it at the same time as the swirl tree from this card.  Here, I stamped it in an archival ink and did a pale pink watercolor over it with a large brush.  Then with a much smaller brush, I used the transparent gold watercolor and tried to apply it to somewhat match up with the actual twigs of the wreath.  I added a little kraft colored scalloped edging, some foam mounting tape, and gold twine. The inside says "happy valentine's day".

Supplies
Stamps: Memory Box branch heart and A Muse love is in the air set
Ink: Ranger sepia archival ink
Paper: A Muse shell and kraft cardstock and Strathmore Bristol board 300 series smooth/vellum
Misc.: May Arts metallic gold twine, foam mounting tape, A Muse medium scallop border die, Nicholson's peerless watercolors and transparent metallic gold, and 9mm and 15mm Yasutomo Niji Waterbrushs

No comments:

Post a Comment