Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fun Florals No. 5

For project number 5 from the Fun Florals class, I did this cute little mini popcorn box.  The die cuts out half a box at a time, so after cutting out two of them, I put a strip of solid green washi tape along the bottom and then a strip of striped green washi directly over it.  Either one on it's own just didn't look right.  Then, I stamped and colored with Copics this fun spring floral border.  I realized it was just long enough to be trimmed into four pieces, once for each side.  I had to trim them at slight angle due to the flaring shape of the popcorn box.  For the little picks on the sides, I punched four circles, two in each color and put them on either side of the end of a toothpick.  Then, I stamped two of the butterflies from the  "Spring Border" set and colored them with Copics.  Both the butterflies and the border were cut out using their matching dies.  For the chocolates the popcorn box holds (Yummy Seattle Chocolates chocolates!) I placed them in a little cello bag and tied the top with both satin ribbon and twine.


Supplies
Stamps: A Muse Floral Border set
Ink: A Muse black dye 
Paper: A Muse sugar, poppy, bermuda, and kraft cardstock
Misc.: A Muse mini popcorn box and spring border die sets, A Muse washi tape, toothpicks, A Muse poppy satin ribbon, cello bag, A Muse vanilla twine, foam mounting tape, redline double sided tape, Copic markers, and EK Success 5/8" circle punch


No comments:

Post a Comment