Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Easter No. 1

I've got an adorable bunny card today for you, featuring more of A Muse Studio's awesome new April release!  I just love these colors and the super cute new stamps!

For this one, I stamped the bunny twice.  Once on sugar cardstock and die cut it.   The die leaves a nice white outline around the image.  But, I wanted the bunny to have a bit of color to it to soften it's look a little.  I mean, real animals that are white are rarely pure paper white.  So, I stamped it on vanilla cardstock and fussy cut (ok, admission, I let my Silhouette Cameo do the fussy cutting!  It's waaaay more accurate than I am, but you could totally do this with detail scissors) it.  Then, adhered it directly over the bunny on the white cardstock.  This gave me an off white rabbit, but with the nice white outline!

One other note with this card, the melon cardstock was very vibrant underneath the lemon whip satin ribbon.  So, I did a double layer of it.  I'm very glad I did.  It really helps show the yummy creamy color of the ribbon better!  The inside says "Happy Easter"




Supplies
Stamps: A Muse happy spring and sweet easter (inside) sets
Ink: A Muse grass and melon, and A Muse black dye (retired)
Misc.: A Muse lemon whip satin ribbon, detail scissors (or Silhouette Cameo 3 with PixScan mat), A Muse happy spring and card catalogue die sets, foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment